The finish team consists of the following personal.
- Chief of Finish
- Finish timer—headset
- Scabbard marshals
- Weight marshals
Chief of Finish
- Ensures that all personnel are in place and have a clear understanding of their role.
- Ensures that the equipment necessary for the finish area is in place.
- Ensure that the scale is working and the scale room is clean.
- Establishes communication between the start and the timing tower while the event is taking place.
- Keeps talk on the headset to a minimum.
- Record push and finish times of all teams for athletes.
- Unload trucks and line up scabbards in order from the start list.
- Ensure scabbards are labeled.
- Assist the Chief of Finish, Jury member and weight marshal with the weighing of the scabbards.
- Record the weight of all teams’ scabbards.
- Weigh sleds that you are instructed to by the Jury.
- Ensure that only the team and the Jury member are in the weight house while team is being weighed.
- Ensure that all equipment the team came down with is in the sled. i.e., – helmets, toe rubbers, kidney belts, etc.
- Record the weight and give final sheet to the Jury member
- Remember it is not your responsibility to tell the athletes if they are over or under, it is the Jury members.